Chiropractic healthcare is based on the complicated relationship between your body’s musculoskeletal system and the relationship it has to your body’s nervous system. By optimizing that relationship, chiropractic care can provide the kind of restorative function your body needs to overcome and prevent injury, infection and pain.
WHAT IS A VERTEBRAL SUBLUXATION?
When spinal bones are improperly positioned or have improper motion, proper communication between your brain and body can be limited and even disrupted. This is known as vertebral subluxation. It's your body's natural stress response to the misalignment and proper function of joints that can result in joints locking, muscle spasms and severe pain.
COMMON CONDITIONS TREATABLE WITH CHIROPRACTIC CARE
Many things can lead to a vertebral subluxation. Some of the more common causes include:
- A vertebra going out of place (“misalignment”) because of a slip or fall (i.e., “macrotrauma”).
- The entire spine misaligning globally due to poor posture.
- Joint swelling caused by damage done to the intervertebral joint.
- An inflammatory response caused by a poor diet, lack of pure water or psychological stress.
- Osteoporosis or degenerative changes of the spine or intervertebral discs.
- Trigger points and tight back muscles that pull the vertebrae out of place.