Dr. Joel Kleven
Dr. Joel Kleven is a 1982 Magna Cum Laude graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, the Fountainhead of chiropractic care. Dr. Kleven takes pride in his approach to patient treatment, offering one-on-one personal consultation with personal hands-on care. His treatment facility is located in the heart of Weatherford’s medical district provides a relaxed, yet professional atmosphere that includes new equipment and a state-of-the-art decompression table proven to be an effective strategy for treating bulging, ruptured, and herniated discs. Best of all, Dr Joel’s expert and compassionate touch is an effective approach to relieving pain and symptoms for a multitude of injuries and conditions. Select the read more link for more information about chiropractic care.
Advanced Certifications in:
Kennedy Spinal Decompression
Therapy and Chiropratic Certification in Spinal Trauma
ABOUT CHIROPRACTIC CARE
Chiropractic healthcare is based on the complicated relationship between your body’s musculoskeletal system and the relationship it has to your body’s nervous system. By optimizing that relationship, chiropractic care can provide the kind of restorative function your body needs to overcome and prevent injury and pain. If you’re familiar with chiropractic, you’ve likely heard the term “subluxation”. A Doctor of Chiropractic is trained to detect and correct subluxations in the spine, leading to improved spinal function and overall wellness.
WHAT IS SUBLUXATION?
To put it plainly, it’s when a vertebra has lost its normal position(misalignment). This loss of position interferes with the function of the surrounding joints and/or tissues.
A more in depth explanation: A subluxation(which can result from physical, chemical, and mental stressors) occurs when one or more spinal vertebrae move out of position and create stress or irritation on nearby nerves, preventing the body from functioning optimally. Frequently this will result in the spinal joints locking/fixating and accompanying muscle spasm and pain. Chronic subluxations that are never corrected can lead to early spinal degeneration and arthritis.
COMMON CAUSES OF SUBLUXATION
- Slip or Fall
- Heavy or improper lifting
- Poor ergonomics at your desk or work station
- Poor posture
- Frequent use of cellphones while texting or scrolling with head flexed toward chest
- Muscle weakness
COMMON CONDITIONS HELPED FROM CHIROPRACTIC CARE
- Neck Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Bulging/Herniated Discs
- Digestive Issues
- Ear Infections
- Shoulder and Arm Pain
- A vertebra going out of place (“misalignment”) because of a slip or fall (i.e., “macrotrauma”).
- The entire spine misaligning globally due to poor posture.
- Joint swelling caused by damage done to the intervertebral joint.
- An inflammatory response caused by a poor diet, lack of pure water or psychological stress.
- Osteoporosis or degenerative changes of the spine or intervertebral discs.
- Trigger points and tight back muscles that pull the vertebrae out of place.